Full Course on Effective Training Curation and Design
This three-day course on The L&D Designer: Full Course on Effective Training Curation and Design is designed for Learning and Development practitioners who see the need to refine or strengthen their competency in training design. It will cover all the key elements of the training design process, using the ADDIE (Analysis-Design-Development-Implementation-Evaluation) Model of Instructional Systems Development (ISD).
Learning sessions will be highly interactive and practical. Participants will be provided opportunities to work in small groups to apply learning to develop immediately utilizable outputs following the building blocks approach.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to develop comprehensive training designs that are responsive to identified priority Learning and Development needs of individuals and organisations and compliant with a Course Design Quality Checklist.
Specifically, participants to the three-day course will be able to:
- Explain the shift from traditional classroom training to Learning and Development perspective in addressing learning needs of individuals and business needs of organisations, and its implications on the training design process.
- Apply key principles and conditions that support adult learning to the training design process
- Contextualize the design process in the broader Instructional Systems Development Framework
- Develop terminal and enabling learning objectives following a set of criteria using Bloom’s Taxonomy of Objectives as reference
- Formulate process/session objectives that are aligned with and supportive of the terminal and enabling objectives
- Develop a learning evaluation plan that adheres to the principle of “performance agreement”
- Determine and organise content areas and learning events using either task – centred, problem-centred or topic – centred structure
- Apply a set of guidelines in selecting most appropriate team composition and logistic support requirements to implement a training design
- Consolidate the elements of a training design in a coherent format using a Training Activity Plan template
- Review a training design for completeness and coherence using a Course Design Quality Checklist
Workplace Learning and Performance Perspectives
The module will provide the venue to discuss the shift from the traditional classroom training to the WLP perspective in addressing learning needs of individuals and business needs of organisations. The adult learning process, and key principles and conditions that support adult learning will be revisited in the context of WLP and the training design process.
Overview of Instructional Systems Development and the ADDIE Model
The module will introduce the ISD, a systems approach to analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating training and instructional experiences that supports WLP, and ADDIE – a model that covers all the salient elements of the design process.
Developing learning objectives and evaluation plan
The third module will allow participants to differentiate levels of workplace development objectives, and review the types and domains of learning objectives. Participants will develop learning objectives that meet the criteria for effective objective statements. The module will likewise cover learning-training evaluation, an element that flows naturally from objective setting, but is commonly neglected in the design process.
Fleshing out the design
The module will explore approaches for identifying key content and learning events that will help bring about the desired learning. Techniques for prioritising, organising and sequencing learning elements will be discussed to ensure that vital learning areas are covered using the most appropriate structure and sequence. A range of learning methodologies, their features and applications will be reviewed, and participants will identify the most appropriate mix to meet the identified learning objectives. Resources (training management team, learning facilitators, and logistics) that are necessary to support the execution of the training design will likewise be covered.
PSTD Member : PHP 15,000.00
Non-Member : PHP 17,000.00
Inclusive of VAT, Lunch, AM & PM Snacks, Handouts and Certificate of Completion
Edwin C. Ebreo
President of ExeQserve, Corporation
Edwin C. Ebreo is the founder and President of ExeQserve, Corporation, an HR Solutions Company. He is also the company’s head consultant for Organization Development and Human Resource Development. He was also the former Internal Vice President of Philippine Society for Training and Development (PSTD) from July 2015 – July 2016.
Ed developed his skills in training, recruitment, human resource management, organization development and management consulting through twenty years of collective experience in the retail, financial, BPO and HR consulting business.
Before his founding of ExeQserve, Ed was HR Director/Manager for CheQ Systems, Athena E-Services and PET Plans’ Subsidiary Companies. He was also Head of Training for SPI Technologies, Inc. and Philippine Seven Corporation, the local franchise owner of 7-Eleven Convenience Stores.