The Four Levels of Training Evaluation and Design
Tools for Ensuring L&D Impact and Success
This two (2) day program will enable participants to understand the fundamentals of measurement and evaluation of training. After this course, participants will be able to independently conduct the training impact evaluation with a high degree of accuracy which will lead to stronger learning and development programs. Participants will also be able to prepare a plan to systematically evaluate a training program at four levels using the appropriate tools and approaches
Trainers, Educators, Learning Professionals who are new to the learning and development role or who need to further enhance their competencies in designing relevant, responsive and high-impact learning events.
At the end of the program, the participants shall be able to:
Specifically, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of assessing the effectiveness of training programs and learning interventions against the needs of an organization
- Differentiate approaches, evaluation designs, data collection methods, tools and analytical processes to measure
- Develop an evaluation plan guided by an evaluation logic, purpose statement and key evaluation questions
PSTD Member : Php 10,000.00
PSTD Non – Member : Php 12,000.00
Inclusive of AM and PM snack, Handouts and Certificates
- Introduction and Course Overview
- The Role of an Evaluator
- Evaluation concepts
- Assessing effectiveness of training program against needs
- Measuring training effectiveness through Kirkpatrick’s four levels of evaluation
- Reaction – approaches, data collection and analysis methods and tools
- Learning – approaches, evaluation designs, tests and learning measures
- Behavior – approaches, evaluation designs, data sources, data collection and analysis methods and tools
- Result – approaches, data sources, data collection methods and tools
- Preparing an Evaluation Plan
- Workshop on Evaluation Plan formulation
- Presentation and Feedback on the Evaluation Plan
Ma. Maya Lyn H. Banez
Maya Banez is an Independent Consultant in the field of Human Resource and Organization Development. She had twenty-five (25) years of solid, hands-on experience in the field of workplace learning and performance improvement. Her sixteen (16) years in the human resource and organization development function of an organization was with Philippine Airlines.
Her last fifteen (15) years were spent providing training and organization development consulting and training services to business, government, and academe as a professional independent consultant.
Workplace learning and performance improvement programs designed include training programs on personal effectiveness for women workers (sponsored by the International Labor Organization through the Employers’ Confederation of the Philippines), trainer development courses, management and supervisory courses, strategic planning, and teambuilding.
Between 2008 and 2014 she provided technical advice to the Department of Education as part of a team contracted by the Australian Aid for International Development in the design of systems and the restructuring of the organization. This included designing programs and interventions to help the organization manage the change process.
She has been involved with the Philippine Society for Training and Development since the 1980s and participated in Convention and Committee works. She volunteered in the PSTD project with the national government in 1987 when PSTD members facilitated teambuilding workshops as its contribution to nation building. In 2004 and 2005 she served in the Board as Secretary.
She graduated with the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (UP 1981, Cum Laude) and earned graduate units in Social Psychology and in Business Management.